Tuesday, March 25, 2008

You Forgot the "B"

Nope, this little LAM has no "b" as its an acronym and simply represents my initials. It all began way back when I was in elementary school. To my dismay, at the time, one of my...er...observant young classmates pointed out the fact that my initials sounded out the word 'lamb'. From that moment on I endured months of having our favorite little number "Mary Had a Little Lamb" belted out every day at noon on the play ground directly into my poor little ears. All per her direction I assure you. Nothing more than Satan's little drum major disguised with cute little blond curls complete with ribbons and dimples. Boy do I miss her. *cough*

As with most everything, the Idol worthy mob grew tired of serenading the quiet kid and my theme was forgotten and unceremoniously dropped as quickly as it had began. I remember the overwhelming feelings of relief the first day out on that kickball field when I didn't have to cover my ears and repeatedly scream, "Shut up - shut up - shut up!"

Aren't memories wonderful? So began years of peace...until.

Fast forward to my late teen years when I had the fortune to meet an...er...observant young man that noticed what our favorite little drum major had so many years before. Well I must have shot him quite the look as he recoiled in alarm at my reaction, but he was quite the prince charming and convinced me that it was "sorta cute". Ya old smoothie. Anyhow, he was quick history but had helped me recover from that terrible, awful, tragic time in my childhood . *half lidded smirk* Hey, what's life without a little drama?

So there you have it. The story behind little LAM and a better understanding of my aversion to kickball fields.




~LeeAnn M.

No comments: